Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Cunning Avoidance

To preface this blog, I realize it has been nearly a year since I last posted a blog. Frequently I have gone long periods between writing and then apologized for my lack of postings. I was in Chicago this January for a class and during that time we did an activity that, to make a long story short, made me aware that I am urged to write when I have been more fully and intimately engaged with God. The last year or so has been hectic and I have been remiss in creating intentional time to take sabbath time but have had my life filled with stress and busy-ness. I realized that while I don't journal my thoughts as such, I am inspired to write in blog form when I feel God is speaking to and through me. I have been guilty of being so engaged in activity, both in the church and in my teaching that it may have become "...a cunning avoidance of spiritual concentration in intercession." (Chambers) Of course it is not intentional, but the impact has been the same. And so I return with the following blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scripture Search

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)